Assisted living in our beautiful apartments
The Sherman Apartments at Shalom Village Original and Weisz Family Apartments in Shalom Village Too offer a variety of attractive units ranging in size from 470 square feet to 1,070 square feet. Each apartment is equipped with a kitchen, living room, one or two bedrooms, and a bathroom equipped with grab bars and in-suite heat controls.
While we encourage and support independent living, our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide assistance or respond to emergencies. An emergency call system is provided. Housekeeping assistance is provided weekly, and free laundry facilities are conveniently located on-site.
A delicious Kosher evening meal is served in our lovely dining rooms. Our chefs work with a registered dietician to ensure special dietary needs are addressed, and supplements are provided where required.
Residents who are eligible for “Home Care” support services can receive help with personal care, medications, meals, light homemaking, nursing and therapy services based on their assessed needs.
- Heat, hydro and cable television
- Internet access through the Levy Solutions computer network
- Spiritual opportunities for residents of all faiths, including regular Shabbat services in our Biet Knesset; our Rabbi is available for those seeking spiritual guidance, or just wishing to talk
- Membership in The Club Fitness Centre, where residents can participate in a fitness program tailored to their individual needs and abilities
- Beautiful, accessible gardens
- Transportation on the MilliMobile for recreational outings, banking, grocery trips etc.
- Samuel’s, featuring elegant Kosher dining for our residents and guests from the wider community
- Vicki’s Beauty Salon provides a full range of elegant hairstyling services for ladies and gentlemen
- Professional foot care, reflexology and massage therapy are offered
- A private guest room is available for overnight visitors
- The Corner Store, staffed by volunteers, sells snacks and gifts
- The Classic Theatre offers cinema and other presentations on a large projection screen in comfortable surroundings
- Bubbi Bessie’s Café is not just a great place for a light lunch or cup of coffee, it is the social hub of Shalom Village
- Harry’s Woodshop offers supervised woodworking and pottery programs for residents
There are a great variety of activities offered every day at Shalom Village, intended to meet the social, recreational, entertainment, creative, and spiritual interests of our residents. No matter where their interests lie, most people will find something they enjoy!
Click on the link below to view upcoming activities:
Click here to view floor plans of the various apartments at Shalom Village.
How to Become a Part of the Shalom Village Family
To find out more about living at Shalom Village call to arrange an interview to explore your needs.
Rental fees are established annually. Some apartments are eligible for Rent Geared to Income Subsidy. The details of individual rental fees can be discussed during the interview.
For more information, please contact Colleen Clementi at 905-528-5103 ext. 370 or email email@example.com, or use the form below to make an appointment. Answers to many of your questions can be found on our website.