Have a Voice in Your Loved One’s Care & Enhance the Quality of Life for Residents!
Join us at Family Council!
Many Long Term Care Residents cannot speak for themselves and require others to advocate for them. The Family Council gives families and friends the chance to be involved in decisions that affect them and their loved ones.
Family Council members are the families and friends of Long Term Care Residents. All family members and friends of Long Term Care Residents at Shalom Village are invited to participate in Family Council.
The Role of the Family Council
Family Council Members volunteer their time to:
- Provide support and advocacy for Residents
- Share knowledge and experiences
- Provide education on relevant topics concerning Residents, Long Term Care Homes, Caregivers, and Medical Advances.
- Inform Shalom Village leadership about issues and challenges, and provide input in decisions that affect Residents, Families and Friends
- Help to enhance the quality of life of Residents
- Offer ideas and suggestions in the interests of Residents, Families and Friends
- Provide a link between Residents, Families and Friends, and Staff
Family Council Meetings
Family Council meets the third Thursday of every month, except July, August and December, at 6:30 pm in the Family Dining Room – basement level of SVO. Snacks and refreshments are provided.
Guest speakers are often invited to Family Council meetings, including Shalom Village Senior Leaders who provide information and obtain feedback on issues discussed during meetings.
Agendas and Minutes are located on the Family Information Board on the First Floor of SVToo, to the left of the elevators, and in SVO on the First Floor beside the Long Term Care elevator, opposite the Nursing Station.
For more information, please contact Michael Bastian, Administrator and Family Council Liaison, at 905-529-1613 x 353.