Activities for Everyone’s Interests
Fulfilling residents’ and participants’ needs
A great variety of activities are offered every day at Shalom Village. Our goal is to meet the social, recreational, entertainment, creative, and spiritual interests of our residents and participants. No matter where their interests lie, most people will find something they enjoy.
Our Community Centre team offers programs to small groups and individuals, as well as larger group activities. Creative programs might include flower-arranging, pottery classes, fabric painting and woodshop.
We have an active Glee Club and the Shalom Village Players have staged a number of popular shows. Games like Scrabble and Bingo are popular with some residents, while others prefer fitness activities like Stretch & Strengthen and Chair-dancing.
- Residents can join our active Resident Council, which provides guidance on all aspects of our care and services
- All residents have access to the Shalom Village computer network, which provides Internet access
- Computers are available for resident use in our Internet chat room and in Bubbi Bessie’s Café
- Vicki’s Beauty Salon provides a full range of elegant hairstyling services for ladies and gentlemen
- At The Club Fitness Centre, residents can participate in fitness programs tailored to their individual needs and abilities
- Professional foot care, reflexology and massage therapy are available
- A guest room is available for overnight visitors
- Residents can enjoy our beautiful, accessible gardens and participate in gardening activities or relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings
- Our Corner Store, staffed by volunteers, sells snacks and gifts.
- The Classic Theatre offers cinema and other presentations on a large projection screen in comfortable surroundings. Temporarily closed due to Covid Restrictions
- Bubbi Bessie’s Café is not just a great place for a light lunch or cup of coffee, it is the social hub of Shalom Village. Re-Opening May 9th, 2022
- Harry’s Woodshop offers supervised woodworking and pottery programs for residents
Founded by the Jewish community for the benefit of all seniors, Shalom Village operates within the context of Jewish Values. Participants and residents of all faiths and backgrounds are welcomed and celebrated. Spiritual opportunities are provided for a number of religions.
Monthly Shabbat services are observed in our synagogue, as well as non-denominational church services. We have a Rabbi on hand to offer comfort and guidance to residents, family members, and staff of all faiths.
If you’d like to learn more about spiritual opportunities specific to your faith, we’d be delighted to speak with you.
The MilliMobile gives our residents access to a number of outside activities including shopping, community events, casino outings, or a simple drive in the country.